Sunday, June 14, 2009

Listening to Your Inner Voice



Cumulus and Stratocumulus at different heights

Yesterday afternoon Olivia and I went for a long drive. The sun was out and the sky was filled with the most beautiful cumulus fractus; cumulus humilis clouds ('fair weather clouds') so we drove out to Westport to check out the beach and country side.

As we drove towards the water the sky began to fill up with dark rain clouds and the warmth that was in the air began to chill but regardless it was beautiful. We got back into the car and proceeded on our drive which was one of those meandering drives with no destination or purpose but to see what there is to see. I came to an intersection but didn't know which way to turn but as I sat still a soft voice whispered to me to take a right turn and I will see a turkey in the road. I took the turn and told Olivia that we were going to see a turkey in the road if we went this way.

Two minutes later, in the road in front of our car, a peacock was strutting along. I told Olivia to take the camera and shoot some pictures. Peacocks are not indigenous to our area and I realize that this peacock has gone a stray - I hope it finds its way back home.

I usually listen to my inner voice for guidance and direction but this whisper was a present.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true - the inner voice has never steered me wrong and things always seem to go badly when I ignore it. What a beautiful opportunity.

BTW, glad to see you're back at the keyboard :)