Monday, September 15, 2008

It's The Economy Stupid

Today's clouds: Cumulus fractus; Cumulus humilis ('fair weather clouds')

Today's economic news has been sickening. I'm unemployed because of a lay off and I lost my health care. It's hard to stay positive but with headlines like these how is one suppose to feel? What will happen to the average persons retirement funds? What will happen to mine?
When the housing market was booming I thought it outrageous that working people were purchasing homes at over $300,000. At the end of WW II American families were able to buy a house and a car and live the "American Dream". But those people, by today's standards, buying a home is barely obtainable and now may be unreachable if the economy continues to decline. How dare those deniers say the economy is strong! I'm sick of Wall St. greed! I''m starting to feel screwed.

Stocks get pummeled

Wall Street sees worst day in 7 years, with Dow down 504 points, as financials implode.

Lehman Bros files for bankruptcy

Lehman Brothers, the fourth-largest US investment bank, has filed for bankruptcy protection, dealing a blow to the fragile global financial system


No comments: