Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Road Trip

Today's Clouds: altocumulus stratiformis progressively invading the entire sky.

I've been badgered by Olivia to buy tickets to see Sigur Ros who'll be appearing at the United Palace Theater in New York City this coming Thursday. She's been asking since the end of July and I've stalled on a decision for weeks until Monday. I thought Lou would be coming with me but he's not because of work. I've asked my friend Dede to come but she can't. So,I have been freaking out about driving alone for nearly four hours with a sixteen year old girl and wondering what I'm going to do about the drive home in the dark.

I know I have some irrational fears and they are, for the most part, unwarranted, but they are "fears" people - thoughts that I perseverate on that make me so uncomfortable that I can't even talk about them let alone post them here for fear of cursing myself. With all this said I've come up with a great solution. I'm going to visit some friends of mine in Queens after the concert. How perfect is that? I haven't seen them in well over a year and its time we've caught up on our lives. I'm relived and so much more happier now that I've figured a way to do this with out completely exhausting myself both physically and most importantly mentally. And there's a huge benefit. Catching up with old friends.

No comments: